CONTACT LENS CARE
Total lens care
Contact lenses are a prescribed medical device placed on the cornea of your eye. Corneal damage and other ocular complications can occur as a result of not sticking to the guidelines recommended by your doctor.
At Real Eyes Optometry, we offer ‘Total Lens Care’. This means that all of your contact lens-related visits and contact lens modifications are covered when you purchase them through our office.
◦ Keep scheduled follow-up appointments with your Optometrist.
◦ Wear your contact lenses for at least 4 hours on the day of your follow-up appointment, unless they are causing discomfort.
◦ Remove your contact lenses at least one hour before bedtime to ensure proper oxygen nourishment gets to the cornea.
◦ Give your eyes a break from contacts at least one full day a week to ensure proper oxygen nourishment gets to the cornea.
◦ ALWAYS wash your hands before handling your contact lenses.
◦ See your Optometrist right away if your eyes/contact lenses are uncomfortable, irritated, painful, or if your vision is blurry.
Continue the use of contact lenses if your eyes become irritated, red, painful, or if your vision gets worse while wearing them.
Remove the lenses, thoroughly clean them, and allow your eyes to adjust back to normal. If this problem continues, contact our office.
Exceed the recommended wearing schedule, even if the lenses feel comfortable in your eyes.
Wear your contact lenses longer than 12 hours a day, unless told otherwise by your Optometrist.
DO NOT use saliva/tap-water when handling the contact lenses. Saliva/tap-water contain bacteria which can penetrate and destroy your cornea within hours!