COVID 19 Office Protocols
Real Eyes Optometry will be implementing new protocols for appointments for the time being. Please read through the following and do not hesitate to call us if you have questions.
1. We will be accepting eye examinations by appointment only.
2. There are no walk-in appointments available at this time.
3. COVID-19 screening questions will be asked by the staff at the time of booking your appointment, at the time of confirmation of your appointment and when you enter the clinic.
4. Patients who are showing COVID-19 or COVID-19-like signs and/or symptoms will have their appointments rescheduled for a time that is deemed clinically appropriate (Minimum of 14 days).
5. We ask that you try to maintain a 2 meter distance from all other persons whenever possible. Please note, Optometric Testing may not allow for a 2 meter distance between the patient and staff/doctor. In such scenarios, staff/doctor will be wearing personal protective equipment.
6. Due to social distancing requirements, patients may be asked to wait outside of the clinic during peak hours or if maximum occupancy numbers inside the clinic have been met.
When Entering the Office
1. We ask that only the patient that has an appointment come into the office unless a parent, guardian, or translator is needed for the eye exam.
2. Wearing a face mask/covering is required.
3. All patients will be asked to use the hand sanitizer provided or wash their hands with soap and water when entering the clinic and at any time if they touch their face.
4. All equipment will be cleaned with an alcohol based cleaner before it is used on each patient.
5. Any surfaces that patients or staff touch will be cleaned with an alcohol based cleaner after each encounter.
1. Our Optical will remain open and patients are able to try on and purchase eye wear and contact lenses. Eye health products will also be available for purchase.
2. For any patients trying on frames, a glasses tray will be provided to put any glasses and sunglasses that have been tried on in. The staff will be disinfecting all glasses/sunglasses that patient’s try on or touch.
3. Free direct shipping is available on all contact lens orders until June 30, 2020. Direct shipping options are available for glasses, sunglasses and eye health products with a shipping fee.
4. Contactless payment methods are recommended but not required.
Patients who do not comply with office COVID-19 policies and requirements will not be seen for their appointment.